You have the ability to put your HSA or VEBA account on hold if you lose your debit card or suspect that you're the victim of fraud. This gives you the opportunity to take steps to protect the funds in your account.
All debit card activity stops when you put your account on hold. This includes card swipes, online purchases, and automated payments.
Before you make the decision to put your account on hold, we recommend you call SelectAccount customer service at 1-800-859-2144. This way, you can make sure that you won't disrupt a pending reimbursement request or stop a payment for a visit to a clinic from going through.
Put your account on hold at www.SelectAccount.com
You can put your account on hold at www.SelectAccount.com by following the process below.
- Sign into www.SelectAccount.com.
- Click the My Profile menu.
- Choose Plan Information from the menu.
- Select the account associated with the debit card you are concerned about.
- Click the Change button.
- Select Apply Stop from the Request Account Hold drop-down menu.
- Click Next.
- Verify your choice and click Submit.